Friday, March 24, 2006

On the eve of the sixth day, his work was almost done. He was tired, he had been working nonstop for almost a week, but you could see the overwhelmed sense of satisfaction in his sunset painted eyes.

"Look", he told his little helpers, "this is good". "I had doubts it might not be worth it. But you know how hard it is to imagine something this beautiful until you actually create it and see it with your own eyes".

"But sire" said one of the helpers. "this isn't it, yet. Who is this for? No one?"

"Of course not" he replied, sounding almost disappointed. "I did it for me. Am I not deserving of this sight by myself?"

"you are, sire" the helper retorted. "you are worthy of all the beauty in the world. But why not bring a few creatures, much like yourself, to admire you, and your work?"

"creatures like myself? selfish, weak, and angry to destroy what I built?"

"No sire, creatures like yourself, kind, loving and imaginative, to marvel at what you've done and maybe do some more"

"Creatures like me.. people. Like me. Why not. I'll think about it and start working tmorrow. Thank you my little friend. You are wiser than you look"

12 Comments:

Blogger Lebatron said...

Lebanese pride.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Zanzounito said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Zanzounito said...

Fouad-

I promise this is the last time I will compliment you, but really, this is so lovely. Please don't ever stop writing!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zeina, your enthusiasm is so refreshing!

9:08 PM  
Blogger rouba said...

but he made creatures unlike himself; selfish, weak and angry who are destroying what he built as we speak! strange, fouad.

2:25 AM  
Blogger DA said...

I enjoyed this again, thx Fouad.

Unfortunately he mistaked animals for humans..

2:35 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

If you only knew... this actually went online by mistake. Typed it and saved it as a draft. At least I thought I did :)
Anyway, now that you know, this is based on the premise that we were created in God's image.. So maybe we are the way we are because God is much more human than we think :)

Thank you all for making my day, everyday :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i like that. instead of thinking we're devil-like in our bad deads, we could still think we're what he made us be, in his image. of course he doesn't exist!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Laila K said...

or, we could think that God is in everyone single one of us, every flower, every breeze, and every drop of rain. it's all about perspective.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

I agree with laila. It is but a matter of perspective. It isn't a scientific undertaking. He might or might not exist. Whatever helps us live a better life is what we should believe.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Hashem said...

Mirvat...he exists! I see him in every beautiful thing around me. In every hope. I feel him in everything beautiful in me.

Fouad..you will not let me sleep tonight. I know I'll be thinking about what you wrote!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Firas Wehbe said...

Dear sir,
I am the head of the big office in the sky. I am writing to you on behalf of she whose name will not be taken in vain.
First of all, some points of clarification:
-"He" had decided to be referred to this century by the human "She" gender qualifier. Please observe this ordinance. Visit our website regularly to be updated on our policy.
-The conversation you mention that took place a few billion human years ago is inaccurate in letter and spirit. We reserve the right not to disclose such internal matters.
-You did not properly follow the process of obtaining a license from us regarding your citation of "Her" in a public creative work. You can apply for this license using any of our forms, again downloadable from our website.

Therefore we ask that you:
-Publish this memo prominently on the website where the said creative work is featured.
-Cease and desist from collecting any moral or financial credit from the use of said art work until an application for license is submitted, reviewed, and approved.

Failure to comply with this letter will regrettably force us to resort to litigation.

Thank you.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home