Sunday, March 12, 2006

An Hour and a Half Ago


 

An hour and a half ago, as I was just stepping onto the front porch to my condo, I glanced up, saw this, and froze. It was an extraordinary scenery, one well beyond description, that caught me off guard. For what seemed like a short eternity, I stood there, agape, while the small shroud of moonlight-frosted clouds raced away, as if late to a celestial rendez-vous. It took me a few seconds to recover and jump inside, grab the camera, and shoot a couple of quick pictures before the indifferent clouds left the moon lonely and naked again, before my uninterested eyes.

Although I wish this photographic rendition were a little closer to reality, I do believe such moments can only be truly appreciated if experienced in real time, instead of through the meager two dimensions of a picture on a screen. But, short of having the ability to get you to where I was an hour and a half ago, I'll still bring you this, hoping that what enthralled me will interest you and allow your imagination to elegantly take care of the rest.

10 Comments:

Blogger Laila K said...

it's the thought that matters Fouad, great scene! although I must admit that I thought you were talking about a huge scary group of black widows while reading your first sentence, before the picture downloaded ofcourse :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

still, very nice shot!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

It isn't the black widow we have down here in Nashville, it's the good old brown recluse, which is just as delightful :) and I wouldn't have frozen, I would have lost consciousness (the more masculine version of fainting)... have you seen arachnophobia?

Thank you mirvat. btw I've been trying to figure out who you reminded me of in this picture, and I still can't...

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

someone pleasant i hope.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fouad,
I initially got it wrong as well! i thought you glimpsed a black hole....or a galaxy..."how could he do that?" Maybe they have huge telescopes down in Nashvile?
then it came to me....the moon....with clouds dancing around it, or maybe trying to hide it....
Or could it be the moon trying to hide himself, feeling finally shy by all the complements the poets gave him all over the years? like a beautiful girl..."metl el-amar"!
Great shot ya Fouad...it feels so "Fouad"! simple, artistic, and above all, thought provoking!
as for my blog, i'm starting one, but the idea is still growing, and a "scratch" is being developed!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

Fouad,
I experienced the same thing this weekend. Here's my Picture of it: http://katcallon.blogspot.com/2006/03/sun-through-snow.html.

I hope you are well. I hope things in Lebanon have improved.

Moments like this happen when we look. If we hadn't looked up, we would have missed them, which is one reason living in the moment is best.

Kat

10:50 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

I can't wait ya hashem :)

Beautiful picture Kat, and thanks for always caring. It means a lot.

Oh and mirvat, of course someone pleasant! could it possibly be otherwise? :)

9:03 PM  
Blogger nour said...

one looks up and says with a disturbed face: damn, these clouds, and moves on.
another pauses astound then grabs his camera to capture that natural piece of art..

photography is all about the way one perceives things... as life itself.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

it sure is, nour.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

Same here. I love visiting you. Peace.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home