Wednesday, March 15, 2006

And God Was Born

Intricate and beautiful like an archipelago, she swayed towards me like I were the Aegean sea, and I was, the languorous wave caressing past the contours of her foot, carelessly into the dark and sweet hollows of her intoxication. She smiled, the island, the tree, the sanctuary, while I shattered my body, one gush at a time, against her endless reef.

Hers was everything I would know. The iconic hair, the brown mystic eyes, the ethereal laugh, the golden shores that were now waltzing with my fingertips, and the thousand worlds I crossed to find her, all of them she had carefully carved in the palm of my hand the day before I was born. And the day I was born, I already belonged.

Beautiful and mysterious like an archipelago, she swayed towards me like I were the Aegean sea. I gave my waves to her. She smiled.

And God was born again, a Woman.

11 Comments:

Blogger rouba said...

hmmmmm; sounds like you're in luuuuurv!!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Always Rouba, always :)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Delirious said...

The beautiful prose is finally back :)

1:57 AM  
Blogger Laila K said...

breathtaking.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm not going to comment yet. i want to read it some more

2:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

si i did. still speechless though!!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

This is special, beautiful.

7:18 PM  
Blogger beyondthebeginning said...

Dude that is awesome. Awesome.
"she had carefully carved in the palm of my hand the day before I was born"
Awesome.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Et je reste là, sans voix, sans plus de mots pour te dire que ta prose - à l'insoutenable et divine limite de la poésie - est sublime. Et qu'elle émeut.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi fouad, i like yr blog site alot,
it made me disconect for a while..
its what i have been looking for, some one that sees things from a diffrent perspective than others do. i picked to leave my comment here cause this post i liked it the most...i went through almost all yr posts and they are amazing :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Thank you for your very kind words manal. I am very glad you feel this way.
Words like yours make it all worthwhile..

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home