Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just Names

Are you really fourteen?

Are you really a hundred and twenty four?

Did you really put cherry gloss on Lincoln's lips?

Did you really paint the monalisa with coffee and peanut butter?

Did you really walk on mars?

Are you really the greatest unpublished poet that ever lived?

Did you really create a new language and start a civilization?

Did you really explain the universe with a drawing on a napkin in a restaurant?

Can you really sing and make strangers die for love?

Are you really never afraid?

Is this really the face of man on a leaf in your backyard?

Are you really a king?

Did you really save the world from sadness?

Is this really you?

Are you me?



Waaaaahahhhh aya ayyaaaaaaaaa
far away I walk
afraid my child
now low in his one big mistake
far away and low
to this second that rides away
myyyyyyyy now he'll see us be told he really cares
myyyyy now he'll find our gates
and he'll show us his calming face
noooooooooow now as we just dare
it's waiting there
but are we going anywhere, no
maybe we'll stay
and play
myyyyyyyyyyy oh my game of many games
small frames craving for bigger frames
but they're just names
and we're just names
you and I my child
just names

5 Comments:

Blogger Delirious said...

Just names indeed...
But still each one as unique and special as they come.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Ghassan said...

Fouad, this is beautiful. reminds me Fayrouz's songs.
(PS: small frames 'craving' for bigger frames is a recurrent nightmare I have now and then - and I am not being metaphorical. I wonder what it symbolizes)

9:36 AM  
Blogger jimmy said...

awesome, fouad

11:38 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

number one = excellent
number two = try again

9:05 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

thanks jimmy

zee
number one = thank you
number two = always

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home