Thursday, May 11, 2006

Fill the Dumpsters



I don't know about you but, to me, these sukleen dumpsters are just way WAY too clean when so much garbage is festering on velvet chairs in governments, parliaments, and presidential palaces, and so much dross is swarming in the name of Unions and Democracies the streets of this desolate town.

Beirut forgive me, but I don't know if, with more of these odious visions and sounds, I still can miss your once incredible people and crave your still vivid living walls.

Several earthquakes over the past few thousand years, and several times Beirut was wiped off the map. Last time was in 551 AD, fifteen hundred years ago. Today, looking at this disgustingly ongoing masquerade, as much as it tears me apart, I can't help but wonder if the time hasn't come for a new earthquake, one to purge this rotten slice of heaven out of its miserable present existence, and give it a small but real chance to start off a fresh beginning.

And as much as I hate to be dark and bitter, sometimes, when there's just shit in the glass, it really doesn't matter anymore if it's half-empty or half-full.

5 Comments:

Blogger lifeflaw said...

Wonderful post; I enjoyed the "too clean" humor. :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

You sound like my dad, when his negativity and bitterness regarding this very same subject come to the surface. He has the same solution fouad :) and I roll my eyes, everytime!
But I know that both of you want the the best way to cleanse beirut, starting with shaking its core.I can't not agree, even when I'm rolling my eyes.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Punkin said...

your last comment remind me of what Colbert said in his speech about the approval rating of president bush.

"Sir, pay no attention to the people who say the glass is half empty, because 32% means it's 2/3 empty. There's still some liquid in that glass is my point, but I wouldn't drink it. The last third is usually backwash."

10:13 AM  
Blogger Laila K said...

i wouldnt go as far as an earthquake "baiti!"..bass we definitely need a whole new set of dishes (unused uninherited and modern)at the palace (and the majles and...).

11:29 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Thanks ahmad :) funny and sad at the same time sin't it?

well you know what I mean mar and laila. Earthquakes aren't necessarily tectonic, and sometimes, you have to turn the soil over for a decent crop to grow.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home