Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My home




A wall of bricks of brown and red
A pillow on a cozy bed

A door unlocked for guests of night
A light to read, a stove to light

A chair that rocks you back and forth
A window always facing north

A tight wood roof above your head
Or one that won't leak much instead

A plant to water and to hold
A blanket when god's breath is cold

A glass to pour some wine and drink
A tub, a faucet, and a sink

A dull knife and a copper spoon
A lucarne winking at the moon

An easel, two brushes and paint
Faint background songs, but not too faint

Three drawings on an empty wall
Colors for spring, colors for fall

An osier throne weaved just for you
A queen there sitting, a queen for two

An old door with an engraved plaque
With letters gold on matted black

"My life is you. My home is you
A kingdom, or a little shack"

8 Comments:

Blogger Gonçalo Veiga said...

Very beautiful poem.

I was wondering if one of these days I can ask you if I can use one of your poems at one of my poetry readings.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

:)
I cant wait to start calling this place " home" if it ever does become home

11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very sweet :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

with pleasure goncalo :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

"... a copper spoon"???

10:22 PM  
Blogger Gonçalo Veiga said...

Thank you Fouad. I shall take the chance then.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Euneeq said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Euneeq said...

Oops....I deleted my previous one by accident.... :) I was saying, what a sweet poem.....

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home