Sunday, April 23, 2006

For the second time in two weeks, I get stranded in a city a few hundred miles short of my final destination kfarnashville. Two weeks ago it was Minneapolis, today it's mylady Chicago. Not that I can see anything of my darling metropolis, but the mere thought of the magnificient mile lying in all its glory, just a few magnificient miles away, is enough to gratify my soul.
So between problems with weight distribution on the behemoth 777, a delayed flight, fluctuating consciousness, endless lines at the connection desks, absolute physical exhaustion, but also a free night at a nice hotel in chi-town, a couple of meal vouchers, and probably an extra day of vacation, I can't say I have too much to complain about.

What i'm trying to say is, I'm back but not quite, I can't wait to be really back, and I missed you all very very much.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

welcome ,not quite, back :)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Hashem said...

welcome our dreamer...:)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Delirious said...

Kfarnashville :D

5:16 AM  
Blogger Joumana said...

Gone again already? Darn. Blogmeets don't leave much room for exchange.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Erzulie said...

Hey! I'm one hour away from Chi-town!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Thanks mirvat and Hashem

Don't poke fun at my second home deli and laila :)

Yes joumana, already is the right word. You're right, blogmeets are not ideal for one-on-one exchange, but the fact that you always sit too far and talk too little doesn't help either :)

erzulie! now she tells me... :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger rouba said...

ahlen!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Zanzounito said...

we missed u too Fouad!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Joumana said...

People have to want it enough to get the pleasure of my conversation ;)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home