Saturday, December 18, 2004

Right here

The fog of sleep taking me over
A million ants crawl through my brain
My day is passing
My eyes are drowning
I watch my future leave on a train
The fog of sleep under your fingers
A million wishes mess with my hair
Your eyes are watching
My eyes are drowning
You're right here with me
Wish I was there
The fog of sleep my body leaves me
The life I dream of will not be mine
You might be speaking
My eyes are drowning
My stories leave me
Line after line
The fog of sleep your dreamy forehead
Paints a new halo around the sun
Your hands are shaking
My eyes are drowning
I fear that you are
Already gone
The fog of sleep the millionth mountain
The millionth morning
The millionth year
My every pain my every passion
Tomorrow morning
Right here you'll find me
Nearer than near



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Live the life that you've imagined."
--Henry David Thoreau

Why are you so hopeless and so unwilling to try for happiness? Go catch that train that holds your future--"seize the day!"

I came face to face with Death tonight--swerving to miss a Christmas tree that had fallen across the interstate, my car skidded across 3 lanes of interstate traffic at 75 mph, then spun twice, stopping in the wrong direction to face all three lanes of incoming traffic ... miraculously, I still know not how, I managed to get off on the side of the road while cars swerved and spun around me. I escaped unscathed--but not unshaken. I am not a big believer in Fate, but I have to think that there is a reason we are alive. Find yours, and live it.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home