Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Let Me Beg

It is late. I am terribly tired but I just can't let myself sleep before letting something out. Yesterday, when the news came to me in the morning, I cried. I cried for the second time in my life over the death of someone I never met in person. This evening, reading through tomorrow's annahar, the text and the pictures, I was barely holding back my tears.

This should NOT have happened. But it did. So for the love of God, for the love of this wounded and tormented piece of land we call ours, for the love of everything and everyone you hold dear to your heart, let's make sure that this damn well happened for a reason.

What is it that you want. What is it that you're waiting for. If begging, then let me get down on my knees and beg. I beg you not to let the dark shadows of defeat blind you and wring your soul. This is it, brothers and friends. THIS IS IT! This is our chance to change the swamping status quo that can, and should no longer be tolerated. We've endured many sacrifices and we might just endure some more, for the sake of our land, our dignity, and the disfigured bodies of our slain heroes. But let us be the ones enduring the sacrifices WE choose, not ones that are chosen for us and thrown at our shameful empty faces.

I said it before and I'll say it again, once, twice, a million times if need be. GET OUT ON THE STREETS. Start in small groups if you have to and merge together into an endless and invincible sea. Bring down the leaders that have long led us into the dark alleys of derision and despair. What's the point of more international investigations? to prove that Syria is the culprit? everyone knows that the Assad clan is behind it all. EVERYONE. The answer, if one, lies in moving together and cleaning up our rotten political core rather than wiping a few specks of dust off the surface. No one will clean our internal mess for us. This is our job and only ours to complete.

Again, for the love of Lebanon, Libnen el 3am bi moot, gather the masses, march onto Baabda and force Lahoud to resign. Let us clear the way for a true, spirited, and loyal leader who will pull the Nation back together, and hopefully move us all out of impending oblivion.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only wish is to witness a massive outpouring of people to express their views and say that they will not take it any more. Alas a genuine grassroots movement must be spontaneous and continuous. It must replace the old tired leadership and inject new blood into the political discourse. I hope to witness such a transformation but alas the reaction to the recent developments such as Anjar have not very encouraging.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Rampurple said...

I wish i was there... I wish I was there... allah yerhamo. His death gave me strength when i was starting to give up.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Lazarus said...

Well said Foud.

But I've suddenly turned very pessimistic on whether we will do anything or not.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we are all not there, it seems. That doesn't help much. I am emailing all the friends I have in Lebanon. I will also be there in a week. Perhaps the fact that we are not there lies at the source of our belief that we can initiate a change. I am going to try and inject some of mine into the people I know. It is like Fouad said in a previous comment: if the process starts it cannot be stopped.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Well said Fouad.
But... the people you see on the streets are not all of the Lebanese.
2 particular groups I can think of are happy with that seminoma growing in Baabda, and might even block the way.
So what do you do then?
What do you do?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Ralph, that's what every lebanese abroad should be doing. It's easy to preach from a distance, but what is going on is an outrage. Why is everybody so afraid? WHY? Is our love for Lebanon not strong enough? I refuse to entertain this idea. How can there ever be a lebanon when there are no Lebanese?

Ramzi, you're a physician and you understand. If a tumor is resectable, you resect it. You don't refrain for fear that it might grow back. We cannot planify the entire process. I sincerely believe that there are enough people against Lahoud to overcome any opposing force. See, even if not so, the key is in our willingness to fight for our cause. If we truly believe in our country and our freedom, the cowardly and the meek who draw their strength from our impotence will rapidly disperse.
What do you do then is a valid question, but chewing on it curtails the more imporant question of what to do NOW. We simply cannot win a war we never had the guts to fight. Something needs to happen immediately, Ramzi. Time, if it hasn't already, is quickly running out. Gebran's blood is still warm, but the blood in our veins is chilling. Believe me, we will tackle "then" when "then" tackles us. In the meantime a NOW is aching to happen and I fear it never will..

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the problem.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home