Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Decision Revisited

Two days ago, I was determined to take a permanent leave of absence, not from blogging per se, but from the blogosphere to which I've come to belong over the past few months. Why? because I heard things that were as upsetting and hurtful to me as they were unexpected. So I decided to step out. My presence was not to be crippling to anybody anymore. Today, though, I reconsidered. My quick, call it whimsical if you will, decision to quit, was based on a set of glorifying and appreciative sentiments that were unfortunately largely misplaced. So the whole reason why I should care is henceforth non-existent. In so many words, I am back, only because the reason that pushed me over wasn't entirely worth it, and because I still feel the itch to be around you citizens of BLOG. I am, however, in the need to make at least one minor change. My alias is from now on my real name, Fouad. And to the few of you who are reading this and know me as, or link to my site through "Thermo-crime", I kindly ask you to do away with it and replace it with Fouad, or the title of my blog, or whatever it is you like. But I do wish to be dissociated from this contrived identity that used to mean something and has come to mean something completely different. TC is now officially history. The real moi is taking over, and for good. Most of you are probably wondering what the hell was all that rhetoric about. You're right, it all sounds like gibberish, but it doesn't matter. I said what I had to say, that's the way it came out, and he who has ears to hear, let him hear.

I really wasn't gone for long, but it still feels great to be back.

I'll see you folks around the blog.

Fouad

6 Comments:

Blogger Ramzi said...

I had the feeling you won't be gone for good!

Nice to have met you in person Fouad,
and looking forward to reading 'Fouad' on this blog...

8:24 AM  
Blogger Abu Takla said...

khayy,
welcome back.
:)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lazarus said...

Well Fouad, I'm glad your leave wasn't permanent. Will be looking forward to your posts.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Thanks guys. Being here is too good to let go of. See you around.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Maldoror said...

Hey there,
Guess you won't read this comment but I felt like saying it is good to have you back Fouad. I am really happy I can enjoy some of your posts again Fouad! You know Fouad, blogging without you loses bits and pieces. Fouad, may you be welcomed among us again! So welcome back Fouad and TC!
P.S: TC means Take Care :))

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you're back, your posts are food for thought.

Pamela

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home